Sunday, November 6, 2011

Savor the Moment


The theme at the studio for the month of November is 'Savor the Moment'. So in honor of the theme and the season I read the below excerpt taken from Trina Gadsden's poem "Falls Whirling Dervishes" last night in class:
As I walk out the door the crisp wind swirls around me as if I am in the middle of a vortex. The few fall leaves that are left circle me as fast as they can, while the chosen few cling tightly to their branches waving hello. This moment reminds me how much I love Fall. The feeling, the smell, the chaos in all its beautiful forms. I once saw an advertisement that said "Fall. It gives everything a chance to reinvent itself." I love Fall.
What if that were true. What if every year at this time we could reinvent ourselves? Strip everything away that no longer serves us, our old ways, our unused defenses and show our true selves like the naked branches that sway proudly in the crisp wind, their leaves no longer needed to protect them.
I love this idea that we can mimic the natural cycle of the seasons by reinventing ourselves every year at Fall and plant new seeds for personal growth to bloom throughout the rest of the year. It is never too late to make ourselves kinder, more compassionate, loving human beings. What old habits or behaviors can you shed from your life that no longer serve you? Or what positive changes can you bring into your life? The next time you step outside and feel the cool breeze and see the trees shedding their beautiful leaves for Fall, pause, savor the moment of the season, and shed a little something yourself.

Namaste~
Chica

Link to Trina's full poem and blog:
http://beautifulcomplexity.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/falls-whirling-dervishes/

No comments: