This month's theme is Inversions: Turning The World Upside Down.
I've been absent from posting lately due to a lack of inspiration, vacation, and sickness: in that exact order. But I am now refreshed from taking a very much needed vacation to Burning Man, a large art festival located in the NW corner of the Nevada desert. I was able to literally turn my world upside for one week and be around amazing art, creativity, intelligence, open-mindedness, and random acts of kindness.
If you are in need of inverting your world but not able to take a vacation or do something radical, then I suggest inverting yourself on your mat. We can easily turn ourselves physically upside down and magically turn our perspective upside down as well.
A sample of inversions can be found at the link below:
http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/finder/browse_categories/inversions
Some more gentle inversions are the following:
Legs-up-the-wall pose:
http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/690
Standing Forward Fold:
http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/478
So, when you are feeling down, revert back to your childhood and do a cartwheel. You'll be amazed at how gratifying it is:)
Namaste~
Chica
P.S. If you are curious about Burning Man check out their website http://www.burningman.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment